Space Only Stands Information | 定制特装展位信息
Stand Design requirements 展台设计要求
All Space Only (custom stands) stands are required to contact our preferred suppliers ExpoNet.
ExpoNet MUST handle all structural and electrical work on the stand.
Even if you have your own design, this must be forwarded onto ExpoNet for approval. No exhibitor is allowed to build or modify their stand or install and connect electricity onsite themselves without ExpoNet.
ExpoNet also offer a wide range of pre-set customized solutions and pricing packages to suit your needs and budget, if you are interested, please contact your agent to discuss.
Please be aware of the below points in your stand design:
Raised flooring can help to differentiate your stand and hide cables. However it presents safety issues and you must ensure that your stand-builder complies with the Building Code of Australia.
Raised Floors under 115 mm in Height
- All raised floors with a height of less than 115 mm must have a clearly distinguishable ramped edge installed
- Ramped edging with a gradient no less than 1:3 is acceptable to prevent a trip hazard on standard 32 mm high raised floors
- For raised floors above 32 mm and below 115 mm it is recommended that the gradient of the ramped edging is decreased to 1:8
Raised Floors over 115 mm in Height
- All raised floors with a height greater than 115 mm, but less than 190mm are considered a step and therefore do not require ramped edging
- Where the flooring height exceeds 190 mm, a series of steps should be constructed as per NCC requirements.
- When a step is installed, an approved stair-nosing must also be installed, as per NCC requirements for steps in public places
- Where two (2) or more steps (risers) are provided, a handrail is to be provided to at least one side of the steps, as per NCC.
Floor Load Weight Limit
When moving and positioning heavy items within the venue, it is important to consider the floor loading of the area and the path available to that area. The Exhibition Centre halls have a floor loading capacity of 20kpa (2000kg/sqm).
Factors to be considered by any person working in any area of the venue include:
- Weight of the item
- Dimensions of the item
- How it will be transported within the Centre
- Weight of any handling device (e.g. forklift)
If unsure about floor loading capacity for the intended use, please consult the Operations Manager before the show.
Stands must not exceed 2.5m in height without permission of the Organisers. Where permission is given for perimeter walls above this height, then the wall must be solid and dressed on both sides to the satisfaction of adjoining exhibitors.
Please note that due to fire engineering restrictions, the maximum permissible stand height is 5 metres in the exhibition bays.
All space only exhibitors should contact the Operations Manager if you have any queries.